Learn from Lola’s roots
My mother is a generous woman who always shared her delicious meals and knowledge in cuisine with others. I decided I wanted to follow her example and share the multiple flavours of Haitian cuisine with you, just as she did with me!
- Select the meal that you want to learn below.
- Choose whether you want to follow along virtually or have the class in person. You also have the option to have the ingredients shipped to you 24-48h before your class!
- Select “Book Class” to confirm the date of your cooking class via our online calendar.
- Once booked, you will receive a confirmation email with the details (zoom link for online classes) + Materials needed for the class.
- You are all set! Make sure you have your materials ready for the class and get cooking!
Banann Pezé - Fried Plantains
Banann Pezé. Let's make this amazing plantain meal, dish, entrée. Whatever names we give it, we still love its light saltiness and crispiness.
Bouyon Beef Stew is packed with root vegetables, flour dumplings and chunky pieces of beef
Diri Kolé - Rice and Red Beans
Diri Kolé, we would have to say is THE most popular Haitian dish out there. And cooked with rice, and with our selection of Creole spices.
Djon Djon- Mushroom Rice
Djon Djon black mushroom rice is Haiti's National rice. It is by far one of our all time favorites, because of it's rich, dark black color caused by the mushrooms.