White Rice Recipe
Simple white rice is so versatile, pretty easy to make. And goes with most if not all traditional Haitian recipes. We have it with Legim, with red sauce, with meatballs, and the list goes on.
Pot + lid
2 cups water
1 3/4 cup rice
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of salt
- Add water to pan, add salt
- Raise heat to high, Bring to boil.
- While water is boiling, rinse rice with water. and throw out rinse water.
- Add rice to boiling water and lower heat to medium.
- Let cook for 6-8mins. Lower heat to minimum. Drizzle olive oil over the rice, cover with lid. Let steam for another 10-12 minutes.
We’re done ! Enjoy
Serving suggestion : with … anything !! and everything!! For a full meal, try our red sauce recipe or with some of our pikliz, as seen in above picture. The White Rice and Meatballs combo is also available in our meals section.