Spaghetti & Herring Recipe
Spageti Ak Aransò
Spaghetti and Herring ? Yes, it is not the most common pairing you would think of but it it great. It is full of some veggie favorites and the herring just gives it that extra flavour!
The taste and the perfumes from this recipe just brings me back to Haiti, in the morning, after being awaken by the morning sun and my mom preparing this for us.
You made this recipe? The tips here were helpful to you ? Please let us know on our facebook or Instagram pages!
600 g spaghetti
2-4 smoked herring fillets
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup diced onions
½ cup diced green or red or yellow peppers : or a combination of all three
1 scotch bonnet pepper
finely chopped parsley
½ tbsp tomato paste diluted in ½ tbsp water
1 chicken bouillon cube
pinch of salt and pepper
Prior, I debone the herring filets. Then, chop them into small pieces and set aside
- Cook spaghetti according to the boxe’s instructions
- In a pan, add your oil, epis, herring pieces, bouillon cube, let sautée for 2-3 minutes
- Add scotch bonnet pepper, peppers, onions, sautée for another 2-3 minutes, heat on low
- Add tomato paste mixture, mix. let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add pasta and combine everything together
Serving suggestion: with some nice hot bread !