Baked Plantains Recipe
Banann Pezé lan fou
We have made fried plantains, and we know how to fry them and we love them. This time, we are making baked plantains. It requires a bit more time but is well worth the wait.
2 green plantains (1 plantain makes about 6 chunks)
olive oil (or avocado oil)
pinch salt + pepper
Start by thinking how you are going to enjoy this meal !
- Pre-heat your oven to 415F15 F
- Peel plantains, cut up into chunks 1 plantain makes about 6 chunks
- Lay your plantains on the baking sheet, sprinkle the olive oil + salt; Mix a bit so oil get all over chunk
- Allow to bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 1 minute : we don't want them to become cold because we want to flatten them while they are still hot
- While they are still hot, flatten plantains with press; return to baking sheet
sprinkle some more olive oil
Voilà! Your plantains are ready to be enjoyed !