Haitian Fried Dumpling | Marinad
It was my go-to late night Fritay snack. Don't judge me. That snack that we have after 8-9 pm at night. It was the best thing to have after a full day. It was the dish to have along with family and friends while playing cards, or dominoes. It just brings back some amazing memories of laughter, joy and pure happiness.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Serving Size: for 2-3
1 3/4 cups water
1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp base chicken soup powder
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
finely chopped fresh parsley
How to prepare your marinad recipe :
Start by thinking how you are going to enjoy your marinad!
- Start your deep fryer according to your specific fryer instructions
- In the bowl, add water, garlic powder, chicken base soup powder, salt, pepper. Stir well with a fork until everything combined
- Form a well, and add flour, you can mix with the fork until everything well combined
- Start shaping the dough with your hands, and checking texture - it needs to be able to stretch but not sticky. add epis, thyme, parsley
- Once that is done, we can start shaping 40g balls, ready to be fried. Weigh them if you can so that we can be sure they all cook evenly. The shapes don't have to be perfect :)
- Fry each batch for 6 minutes, for inside to have time to cook
Serving suggestion: Best served hot!! Have it with some pikliz, some hot sauce, salad, jamaican beef pattiie or vegetable patties as a tapas-like kinda of night. Or just as is with some dip.