Barbancourt Caramel Rum Vanilla Cake
Gato Vanye Avek Rom Babankou
This is my take on a traditional sweet (pineapple cake) with a hint of Barbancourt rum. I tweaked a few ingredients to be able to make this without the pineapples and it is just what you need! Sweet, soft and perfect as a dessert.
9 inch cake pan
Preparation of rum:
½ cup butter
2/3 cups brown sugar
½ tbsp Barbancourt rum
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of milk
Start by thinking how you are going to enjoy this your rum vanilla cake!
- On low heat, melt butter and add brown sugar
- Stir slowly with a whisk until sugar completely dissolves
- Add rum, continue with whisk to mix everything together
- Pour mixture into cake pan, set aside
Preparation for cake mix:
- Preheat stove to 350
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and set aside
- Mix the sugar and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the eggs until creamy, add vanilla extract
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk. Beat until smooth
- Transfer batter on top of the rum mixture.
- Bake for 40 mins, or until toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool (5 minutes), before flipping onto a flat plate
Ready to serve !
Serving suggestion: with our Konfiti chadek as shown above, or with some vanilla ice cream