Rice & Green Peas Recipe
Diri Ak Ti Pwa
Pot + Lid
1 cup small green peas
½ cup. vegetale oil
2 tbsp Epis
1 minced garlic clove
2 tbsp tomato paste diluted with 1tbsp water
1 1\2 water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 scotch bonnet pepper (do not break it unless you really think you can handle it)
1 tbsp butter
2 cup rice
1Tbs olive oil
Start by thinking how you are going to enjoy this meal !
- Add beans to the pan, add vegetable oil, epis, garlic. Sautée for 2mins. Add tomato paste mix
- Sautée for 3 mins while slowly stirring. add water. And bouillon cube, cloves. Allow to boil. Add butter
- While its boiling, rince rice with room temperature water. and through out rinse water.
- Add rice to boiling water and lower heat to a medium.This is the time to taste your rice and see if the flavor is how we want.
- Let cook for 13-15 mins. Lower heat to minimum. Sprinkle olive oil over the rice, cover with lid. Let steam for another 10-12 minutes
We’re done ! Enjoy
Serving suggestions :
Serve with … anything !! If you want to add some more texture, beans can be sautéed with shrimp