Diri Ak Ti Pwa
Prepararion time: 45 mins.
Servings : 4-6 (we’ll maybe closer to 3-5…)
Materials needed :
Pot + Lid
1 cup small green peas
½ cup. vegetale oil
2 tbsp Epis
1 minced garlic clove
2 tbsp tomato paste diluted with 1tbsp water
1 1\2 water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 scotch bonnet pepper (do not break it unless you really think you can handle it)
1 tbsp butter
2 cup rice
1Tbs olive oil
How to :
Start by thinking how you are going to enjoy this meal !
- Add beans to the pan, add vegetable oil, epis, garlic. Sautée for 2mins. Add tomato paste mix
- Sautée for 3 mins while slowly stirring. add water. And bouillon cube, cloves. Allow to boil. Add butter
- While its boiling, rince rice with room temperature water. and through out rinse water.
- Add rice to boiling water and lower heat to a medium.This is the time to taste your rice and see if the flavor is how we want.
- Let cook for 13-15 mins. Lower heat to minimum. Sprinkle olive oil over the rice, cover with lid. Let steam for another 10-12 minutes
We’re done ! Enjoy
Serving suggestions :
Serve with … anything !! If you want to add some more texture, beans can be sautéed with shrimp
For a fuller meal, or to set up a tapas-like meal, try our fried plantains recipe and our homemade pikliz spicy condiment and definiteily some red sauce.
If you are interested in making this recipe and need some help, book one of our cooking classes with Lola!
You made this recipe? The tips here were helpful to you ? Please let us know on our facebook or Instagram pages
Leave a comment