Bannann peze – Fried plantains
preparation time : 30mins.
serves : 2
portions : 10-12 plantain bites
Materials needed :
2 large green plantains
How to :
- Peel your plantains, and slice them into round chunks. Dip slightly in salted water (room temperature)
- Heat your oil, for 1st fry
- Fry plantains chunks, about 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees (follow your fryers instructions)
- Remove plantains from fryer, soak with a paper towel for excess oil, flatten them with press
- Dip the plantain chunks one by one in salted water, and then return them to fryer for final fry, about 1 minute or so
Voilà! Your plantains are ready to be enjoyed !
Serving suggestions : Some of our pikliz , or some Akra from our cooking webinar. Make it a Fritay night! A grab and go kinda of night:)
If you are interested in making this recipe and need some help, book one of our cooking classes with Lola!
You made this recipe? The tips here were helpful to you ? Please let us know on our facebook or Instagram pages!
Leave a comment